CALLING OF CALLED CHURCH WORKERS:
PASTORS: In the event of a vacancy in the pastoral office, or should it be deemed necessary that additional pastors be called to serve the congregation, the Call Committee shall consist of the Board of Elders and may include up to three additional members appointed by the Church Board of Administration.
- Every member of the congregation shall have the privilege of making one or more nominations for the Office of Pastor.
- The committee shall submit the names of congregation nominees to the synodical District President for evaluation and request recommendations for additional names of eligible candidates at the District/National level.
- The committee shall review and interview all candidates for submission to the Voters Assembly.
- CALL MEETING: The names of two (2) or more qualified candidates with biographical information shall be presented to the congregation in written form at least two weeks prior to the meeting of the voters called for the purpose of calling a pastor. The Call Committee may make a recommendation to the voting members on the candidate(s) that they believe would best serve in this position.
- Using written ballots, each eligible voter may vote for one name from the call list. A candidate must receive a 2/3 majority vote for a call to be extended. If no candidate receives a 2/3 majority vote, the candidate receiving the lowest number of votes drops from the balloting, but not from the call list, and voting continues until a candidate receives a 2/3 majority vote. If no candidate receives a 2/3 majority vote, a new list of candidates shall be obtained by the call committee.
- The call selection shall be given a show of solidarity and support by a rising vote of the assembly.
- A call shall be extended to the pastor-elect in a call document signed by the President of the congregation and the Chairman of the Board of Elders.
OTHER CALLED WORKERS: In the event a teacher or an additional called worker is required, the same procedure shall be followed as above except that the Board of Education shall act as the Call Committee for teachers and shall ask the District Office or District Superintendent for recommendations. The call document shall be signed by the principal and the chairman of the Board of Education. The Senior Pastor and an Elder shall serve in an advisory capacity.