On August 16, 1878, the two Lutheran congregations of Paris and Darby Townships, Union County, Ohio, united into one congregation. At that time the Constitution was drawn up in the German language and adopted. In 1931 this Constitution was readopted in a revised form. In 1944 a translation was made into the English language:
The name of this congregation shall be ST. JOHN'S EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH of Marysville, Ohio.
The mission of this congregation shall be to give honor and glory to the Triune God, to carry out His will, to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the world, to manifest the unity of our faith in Jesus Christ as God and Savior, to foster Christian fellowship and love, to extend a helping hand in human need, and to achieve our objectives by the preaching of the Word of God, by the administration of the sacraments, and by the religious instruction of all its members according to the confessional standard of the Evangelical Lutheran Church.